##Google Analz## ##Microsoft## ##Googel## Swanand: Where did my volume icon go?

Monday 21 October 2013

Where did my volume icon go?

I'm not exactly sure when or why it happened, but somewhere along the way, my System Tray volume icon disappeared.
Why did you run away, volume icon?

At one point, it was right there, just waiting to be clicked. Now, the System Tray shows only my network, battery, and Action Center indicators. (Just to clarify, I'm using Windows 8, but referring to Desktop mode. The same issue could apply to Windows 7.)
Now, to find volume, I have to first click the little System Tray arrow, which reveals all the "overflow" icons, then search for volume amidst nearly a dozen others. Hassle!
Fortunately, this is an easy fix:
1. Click that aforementioned arrow, and then click Customize in the pop-up icon box that appears.
2. Scroll until you see Volume, then click the corresponding Behaviors drop-down menu.
3. Choose Show icon and notifications.
4. Click OK to exit.
Presto! Now your volume icon is once again an omnipresent member of the System Tray. You can use this same method for any other icons you want to keep visible at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Vicidial With WebRTC

Vicidial With WebRTC VICIDial is well known open source call center software. It has been in use by many small to large scaled con...